Thursday, October 18, 2007

In the heart of the action

We found it, and it’s right where we are, at least, part of it is. I’m not sure how many transient slips the Port of San Diego has here, but they’re filling up with Baja Ha-Ha boats. I just paid for our full 10 days here, and on my way back to the boat, I saw the West Marine shuttle and flagged him down to get the scoop. The driver said most of the out-of-town Ha-Ha boats will be either here or at the Glorietta Bay anchorage.

West Marine is working hard to make sure that transportation is coordinated to get us where we need to go without renting a car. Very nice of them. The West Marine shuttle is available seven days a week from 0900 to 1800. The driver was shocked that we walked to the grocery store yesterday (it was more than two miles judging by the cab fare we paid for the return trip); we should have called, and next time we will.

John and Märzen are both 100% well again, and I’m fine too. At the moment, I have my own wi-fi connection, but I could lose it again at any time. After the rain yesterday morning, it cleared up nicely, and the sun is out again today. The temperature is just right, and we remember why we’ve always liked San Diego.

No comments: