Saturday, April 18, 2009

Departure delayed

We walked up to the chandlery around noon today to pick up a chart of the Frisian canals. The plan was to leave when we got back to the boat. It’s a beautiful day, and there’s a nice breeze of 10-15 knots. But wait a minute! That nice breeze is coming from exactly the direction we want to go—northeast. That means we would have to motor.

Tomorrow’s forecast shows even warmer weather and wind from the east. If we move our destination a little farther north—to Stavoren instead of Lemmer—we should have a nice sail tomorrow. I’ll check the charts to be sure we can get into the Frisian canals (deep enough ones) from Stavoren, but that’s the new plan: Enkhuizen to Stavoren tomorrow.

Meanwhile, John has taken the bike into town with his laptop to upload a couple more videos. If you’re interested, you can sign up for a free YouTube account and then subscribe to jforbe’s channel. If you don’t want to bother with all that, you can wait for me to embed the latest here or on Facebook.

Here's a shot of Enkhuizen from Google Earth. I've added a little red X where we're tied up.

No comments: