Monday, May 3, 2010

Gale Force Winds Today

As forecasted the winds shifted to the NW and built up to gale force. We were going to let out more chain until a French catamaran moved in the anchorage and blocked us from adding rode. Ultimately we drug anchor thus bearing down on the French boat. We started the engine, pulled up the anchor and moved to s safer place with a better holding bottom. We now have 200' of chain out and holding steady. The wind is also easing.

All's well aboard Solstice.

radio email processed by SailMail
for information see:

No comments: